Book COVID19 Vaccine & Testing
Make an appointment click on link below or call 515-573-4107
Effective immediately, CDC recommends for individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the following groups are eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial series:
- People 65 years and older
- People 18 years and older who reside in long-term care settings
- People aged 18 years and older with underlying medical conditions
- People aged 18 years and older who work or live in high-risk settings
Effective immediately, CDC recommends:
- People aged ≥18 years who received a single dose Janssen primary series (1 dose) should receive a COVID-19 booster dose at least 2 months after completing the primary series.
How to schedule:
Webster County Health Department will be offering COVID19 testing for individuals who are seeking travel clearance or for asymptomatic individuals. Testing is available at WCHD Monday-Friday. Times will vary.
Travel clearance test are take home saliva test sent to our State Hygienic Lab with results emailed directly to patient typically within 48 hrs.
Rapid antigen testing typically does not meet the current qualifications for travelers so we recommend if you are traveling you read the requirements carefully for your destination site.
Individuals exposed to someone with COVID19 and wishing to be tested should wait 5 days from exposure prior to scheduling an appointment for testing.
WCHD has same date antigen testing available for those exposed individuals who are asymptomatic.
Anyone interested in testing at WCHD needs an appointment and can make those through visiting our website at www.webstercountyia.gov or by calling 515-573-4107. Testing will occur at the WCHD at 723 1st Ave S in Fort Dodge.
REMINDER – this is for asymptomatic individuals. Anyone experiencing symptoms needs to be seen by their primary care provider, CHC or ExpressCare