Geographic Information Systems
On June 18, 1996, Webster County entered into a contract with The Sidwell Company to create a digital, cadastral based Geographic Information System (GIS). The digital cadastral maps include but are not limited to the following features: township, section, water, parcel, right of way, lot, subdivision, survey, and corporate limits. The GIS cadastral data is the official plat for the Webster County Assessor's office. Staff in the Assessor's office assists the GIS Specialist by making changes to the digital cadastral map when parcels are divided or subdivisions created.
Digital orthophotos were used as a base for the GIS. Digital orthophotos are aerial photographs where distortions from camera tilt and ground relief has been removed. The photos were taken in the spring of 1997. The County received low resolution (two foot pixel size) photos for the entire county and high resolution (1/2 foot pixel size) photos for the cities and developed portions of the County.
The following maps were prepared for Webster County and are available for viewing or downloading.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Precinct Maps32 documents
Individual Precinct Maps30 documents
- Badger-Northwest Cooper
- Deer Creek-Jackson
- Lost Grove
- Otho-Pleasant Valley
- Fort Dodge Precinct 1 (First Congregational United Church of Christ)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 2 (First Presbyterian Church)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 3 (Izaac Walton League)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 4 (First Covenant Church)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 5 (Friendship Haven Celebration Center)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 6 (Elderbridge Agency)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 7 (Fort Dodge City Hall)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 8 (Fort Dodge Recycling Center)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 9 (Prince of Peace Lutheran Church)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 10 (Fort Dodge Comm. School District Central Office)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 11 (Church of Nazareen)
- Fort Dodge Precinct 12 (Trinity Methodist Church)
- Entire County
- Fort Dodge Precincts