Public Hearing (Proposal to Adopt 2020 Ordinances)
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Supervisors of the Webster County, Iowa will conduct a public hearing on the proposal to adopt the Webster County Code of Ordinances of 2020. A copy of said codified ordinances is now on file at the office of the County Auditor and available for public inspection Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m... Said hearing will be held at 10:00 a.m., April 14, 2020 in the Board of Supervisors Room, Webster County Courthouse, 701 Central Ave., Fort Dodge, Iowa, at which time arguments for or against adopting said code as proposed will be heard and considered.
The County code contains new material summarized as follows:
- General Provisions Chapter (definitions, grammatical interpretation, prohibited acts, construction, catchlines, rights of entry)
- Penalty (general penalty civil penalty-county infraction)
- Area Service System C Road Maintenance (definitions, how established, access, signs, trespass, reclassification, powers of the board, exemption from liability)
- Area Service “B” Road Maintenance (definitions, powers of the board, authority to establish, evaluation of requests, notice and hearing, system B road service system established, maintenance policy, exemption from liability)
- Flood Plain Ordinance (statutory authority, findings and purpose; general provisions, standards for flood plain development, special floodway provisions. Administration, nonconforming uses, penalties for violation, definitions)